Audition/Interview Information and Dates
All applicants to UNC School of the Arts must audition or interview with arts faculty. Scheduled audition/interview dates for each arts department can be viewed by following this link: Audition/Interview Dates.
Please review this information before starting your application as you must enter a scheduled audition/interview date and location on your application.
*Note: Filmmaking applicants are pre-screened to determine whether or not an interview will be granted. DO NOT make travel arrangements until you have been contacted by the Office of Admissions.
Application Priority Dates
Applications must be received in the Office of Admission by the dates listed below. Accompanying application documentation (see below for details) must be received in the Office of Admissions before the date of your audition or interview. Note: click the arts school link to which you are applying for additional information about required documentation.
In order to facilitate a smooth admissions process and a speedy review of student files, students are encouraged to apply by a set of priority dates. Each priority date acts as a deadline by which you must apply in order to have an interview or audition granted during a given timeframe. Please review the interview/audition dates for your selected program to ensure you apply by one of the priority dates. Please be aware that each arts school has different audition and interview dates and that a school may not have audition or interview dates after a certain time.
The following information outlines the application process and documentation needed to ensure your application file is complete. Please read all information before starting your application. Your failure to provide complete, accurate, and truthful information on this application will be grounds to deny or withdraw your offer of admission or dismiss you after enrollment.
1) Application Form and Application Fee
- Complete the application form in full.
- You have the option to pay the application fee online or to choose check or fee waiver. The application fee is non-refundable.
- $95 for U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents and $130 for Non-Resident Aliens. Do not send cash. International applicants must choose the check option; do not use the credit card option. International applicants pay by Peer Transfer and should use this link: http://uncsa.peertransfer.com/
- If you are using a fee waiver please select the Check/Money Order option on the payment screen.
- If you choose to pay with a check or money order, it should include your full legal name on the check or money order made payable to UNCSA through a U.S. bank. Mail your payment along with your signed Application Agreement Statement to the following address:
Office of Admissions
UNC School of the Arts
1533 South Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
- If you cannot afford the application fee, please submit a SAT or ACT Fee Waiver request signed by your high school counselor.
- If you are applying to 2 different arts schools within UNCSA you must complete a second application and submit a second application fee.
- Official sealed, signed or notarized copies of all colleges attended and, if currently enrolled, a list of course work.
- International Applicants: Transcripts must be translated into English and signed by a notarized translator.
3) Recommendation Letters
- 2 letters of recommendation are required of all applicants and are to be mailed to the Office of Admissions.
- 1 letter is to come from an arts instructor and 1 from an academic instructor.
- If not currently enrolled in school a letter may come from an employer, mentor, instructor, director, etc.
- Click here for the form
4) Mandatory Information Form
- Complete, sign and give the form to your college advisor to complete, sign and mail to the Office of Admissions. If not currently enrolled in school the form may be completed by an employer, mentor or instructor who has known you for at least 1 year or more.
- Click here for the form
5) Artistic Statement
- A 2 page statement expressing your interests, goals and other information providing insight into your work. Please include your full name on the document.
- A document detailing artistic experience and educational objectives. Note: Some arts schools require additional information. Please visit the admissions link for each arts school for requirements.
7) International Students
In addition to the above requirements, international applicants must supply the following documentation.
- TOEFL Test Score of 550 ptb or 79 itb.
- Copy of current passport.
- Copy of visa or I-20 if held at the time of application.
Submitting your documents:
- All documents, except transcripts and test scores, can be uploaded by the applicant. Descriptions of documents and thier download links can be found above.
- DO NOT upload any documents before having submitted the online application located on www.cfnc.org. All documents that are uploaded previous to your submitted application will be deleted.
- To upload your documents please use the online submission form which can be found here: Upload my application materials
- Applicants will need to request their high school to send the transcripts to UNCSA electronically. If your high school does not have the capability to send your transcript electronically, please request that your official transcript be mailed to the Office of Admissions. If you have credits from a college, please also supply your college transcript.
- Mail to:
Office of Admissions
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
1533 South Main Street, Winston-Salem NC, 27127
Recommendation Letters and Mandatory Information Form:
- If your recommender wishes to upload the recommendation letter themselves please tell them to upload the document using this online submission form:
Recommender/Counselor Document Upload
- If your guidance counselor or college advisor wants to upload the Mandatory Information Form use the link above.