All high school applicants audition and interview in person. Taped auditions cannot be accepted. Following the audition, there will be an interview portion. Please prepare the following for your audition:
- Two contrasting monologues:
- Each monologue should stand on its own.
- Do not use accents, dialects or stylized characters.
- Audition pieces should be selected from published plays. Read the complete play.
- Do not use monologues or speeches from movies.
- Do not use generic monologue books as a source of material.
- You must sing 16 bars of a song without accompaniment. You may use a pitch pipe if desired or an app for a pitch pipe.
- The monologues and song must not exceed four minutes total.
- Dress comfortably. No torn jeans or T-shirts.
- High school applicants who pass the audition and interview are required to participate in a call-back with the director of the High School Drama Program and a Residence Life representative.