I try to create a balance in the classroom that allows me to guide students through their learning process and to be a supportive advisor in their journey. I provide any student willing to learn the tools and skills they will need to take possession of their education, this is what holds their interest and encourages a personal connection to their work.
The insights, attitudes and skills developed at this stage are the template for the rest of their career in a demanding and rewarding profession.
- Created and established the first major course of study in Stage Properties on the Graduate and Undergraduate level at the UNC School of the Arts
- Property Director of the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival, 1980-87
- Production Designer for the Vantage/RJR Reynolds Golf Tournament, Senior PGA 1991 - 2002
- Property Artisan, Actors Theatre of Louisville 1981
- Property Director, Heritage Repertory Theatre, University of Virginia 1978-80