A graduate of the highly acclaimed screenwriting program in UCLA’s Department of Theater, Film and Television, Gary Tieche has been a professional screenwriter for over 20 years, working in both film and television.
Tieche created and executive produced “MDs” for ABC, an irreverent medical dramedy starring William Fichtner, Jane Lynch and Thomas Lennon. He’s sold several features and pilots including “Speaking of Sex,” starring Bill Murray, Catherine O'Hara and James Spader, and “Supreme Courtships” for Fox TV, staring Leslie Odom and Kurtwood Smith. He wrote the four-hour miniseries “Seven Deadly Sins” and also wrote on “Medium,” starring Patricia Arquette. Tieche worked to adapt the hit Japanese television show “The Beautiful Neighbor” for the USA Network with director Dan Sackheim (“Game of Thrones,” “The Americans”).
- Wrote and directed the independent feature “Nevada”
- Has written scripts for FOX, Sony, MGM, Universal, Warner Bros., ABC Studios and developed TV shows for ABC, FOX and SyFy
- Worked as a cinematographer immediately after finishing his MFA. Shot many music videos for bands including Nine Inch Nails, Danzig, Steve Vai and Crazy Horse, as well as several low-budget features, while simultaneously pursuing a career as a freelance screenwriter.
- Has taught and mentored at numerous universities and institutions, including UCLA, Los Angeles City College and Blank Theatre Company's Young Playwrights Festival
- Member, Writer's Guild of America, 1989-present
B.A. Film Studies & French LanguageSan Francisco State University