Kaitlin Botts is a graphic designer, fine art photographer, art educator and mixed media artist. She joined the Design & Production faculty as Associate Professor in 2017, after teaching at Piedmont College in Demorest, Ga., and at Rochester Institute of Technology. She has shown her work in solo exhibitions in Atlanta and Honeoya Falls, N.Y.
- Former Associate Professor of Art (Graphic Design, Photography) at Piedmont College, teaching all graphic design and photography-based courses offered in the B.F.A. program.
- Former Adjunct Professor of Photography at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Client list includes North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare, Piedmont College, Mason-Scharfenstein Museum of Art, Evie Peters Foundation, R3 and others.
- Solo exhibitions include “All the Shine” at Studio No. 7 in Atlanta, Ga., and “The Botanical Thread”—her M.F.A. thesis exhibit at The Green Gate Gallery in Honeoye Falls, N.Y.
- Has participated in group exhibitions in Georgia, Arizona, London (United Kingdom), New York, Virginia, Massachusetts and North Carolina.
- Work has been featured in Create! Magazine, 365 Artists/365 Days, Garden & Gun, Photographer Forum’s Best of Photography 2008, among others.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Finalist, Photographer Forum’s 28th Annual Spring Photography Contest, 2008
- Recipient of Imaging Arts and Sciences Scholarship at Rochester Institute of Technology
- Recipient of Phyllis Wainwright Scholarship at Meredith College
- American Institute for Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- College Art Association
- Society for Photographic Education (SPE)
M.F.A. Imaging ArtsRochester Institute of Technology
B.A. Studio ArtsMeredith College