Matthew Melchiorre is an assistant professor of Stage Management in the School of Design & Production and the teacher of record for the Stage Managment IIB course. The course is designed to identify, nurture, and increase leadership abilities as well as to hone skills in cue calling, dance stage tracking, report writing and stage management paperwork and includes collaboration with the School of Filmmaking to produce a three-minute video from original concept to final screening.
The job of the Stage Manager is 99% personality. What I want to try to do with a student is to help them find their personality and mix that with the other duties of the job for an outcome of making the strongest individual stage manager they can possibly become.
I want the students to create a dialogue with each other as colleagues. This job cannot be performed in a vacuum. All of us thrive on discussion, working through a solution together, hearing different sides of things and gathering outside perspective. Through this, a complete view of the bigger picture will come into play and the student will be better equipped to tackle anything that comes in their path.
- Steve Martin & Martin Short: An Evening You'll Forget for the Rest of Your Life Tour – Stage Manager
- The Light in The Piazza, Lincoln Center Theater –Vivian Beaumont Theatre, Broadway
- Coram Boy, Imperial Theatre, Broadway
- Westport Country Playhouse – Resident Production Stage Manager
- Various regional and Off Broadway theatres: Signature Theatre (NYC), Primary Stages (NYC), La Jolla Playhouse (La Jolla, CA), Hartford Stage Company (Hartford, CT), Long Wharf Theatre (New Haven, CT), Two River Theater (Red Bank, NJ), Paper Mill Playhouse (Millburn, NJ)
- Actors' Equity Association (AEA)
B.A.Fordham University, College at Lincoln Center