Oboe, School of Music
In the UNCSA oboe studio we work very hard, but also have lots of fun. Activities include: Woodwind warm-up class every weekday morning at 7AM, mock orchestral auditions every semester, an annual studio/reed room decorating gathering, weekly oboe studio class, lectures on special topics like music entrepreneurship, and more. My hope is that every student leaves with a commitment to the larger world and to the next generation of music-makers and audience members.
My students graduate prepared for more than oboe performance and reed-making. They are ready for diverse careers in music, featuring their specific and unique talents.
- B.M. (Oboe) University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
- M.M. (Oboe) Yale School of Music
- Fulbright Scholar, Trossingen Musikhochschule, Germany
- D.M.A (Oboe) The Juilliard School
- Chamber Music: Fifth House Ensemble, REED5, Yale at Carnegie Series
- Orchestral (free-lance): Metropolitan Opera, Orchestra of St. Luke’s, American Symphony, Chamber Orchestra of New York, American Ballet Theater, Louisiana Philharmonic, Pensacola Symphony (FL), Meridian Symphony (MS).
- Teaching: University of Southern Mississippi, Nyack College (NYC), Music Institute of Chicago, Festival A tempo Bogotá (Colombia), Ravinia Teaching Artist (Chicago)
- Getting called to sub at the Metropolitan Opera (and live XM Radio broadcast) at 7:27 PM for an 8:00 PM show.
- Recording my first solo album (coming out in 2016!) with Grammy Award-winning engineer, Bill Maylone.
- Performing for all Fulbright Scholars and dignitaries at the gala concert in Berlin, Germany in 2007.
- Putting Orr Academy High School students’ poetry to music as part of a residency through Fifth House Ensemble (Chicago).
- Performing the Strauss Concerto with UNCSA Symphony Orchestra, September 2015.
International Double Reed Society