In a career spanning 40 years, Nic Muni has directed over 250 productions in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. World premieres include Jackie O at Houston Grand Opera, La Conquista at Prague National Opera, Frankenstein, The Modern Prometheus and From the Towers of the Moon at Minnesota Opera.
Beyond a faculty member’s personal opinion, it is vital to prepare students to successfully encounter what is actually going on in the field. This means bringing a broad, contemporary perspective to the table and encouraging each student to go beyond their comfort zone.
- Principal Stage Director Kentucky Opera (1983-1987)
- Director of Drama, Metropolitan Opera Lindemann Young Artist Program (1988-1990)
- Artistic Director of Tulsa Opera (1987-1993)
- Artistic Director of Cincinnati Opera (1996-2005)
- Recipient of a Fellowship from the National Institute of Music Theater
- Productions at New York City Opera, San Francisco Opera, Los Angeles Opera, Houston Grand Opera, Seattle Opera, Canadian Opera Company, Opera Theater of St. Louis, Dallas Opera, Glimmerglass Opera, San Diego Opera, Florida Grand Opera, Lyric Opera Boston, Vancouver Opera, Prague National Opera, Opera Ireland, Theater Erfurt, Anhaltisches Theater Dessau, Stadttheater Bern, Victoria State Opera (Melbourne).
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- DORA award (Toronto) for best opera production of the year for Jenufa, 2003
- AGE award (Melbourne Australia) for best opera production of the year, Il Trovatore, 1994
- Post-Corbett Award for Artist of the Year Cincinnati, 2004
B.M. Voice PerformanceOberlin Conservatory of Music