Nic Muni believes that his teaching is informed by his experience directing opera and training young singers and directors in Europe, Canada and the United States. From these three different cultures and opera producing systems, his directing and teaching techniques have been developed. A broad range of stylistic exposure informs his teaching work.
I feel it is vital to prepare students for what they will actually encounter in the field, in addition to what I personally feel would make them the finest artists they can be.
- Artistic Director of two American regional opera companies and a casting director for over 20 years
- Debuts at New York City Opera, San Francisco Opera, Los Angeles Opera, Houston Grand Opera Seattle Opera and Canadian Opera Company
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- DORA award (Toronto) for best opera production of the year for Jenufa, 2003
- AGE award (Melbourne Australia) for best opera production of the year, Il Trovatore, 1994
- Post-Corbett Award for Artist of the Year Cincinnati, 2004
B.M. Voice PerformanceOberlin Conservatory of Music