UNCSA - In The Cloud
Information Technologies is in the midst of an ongoing project to migrate our on-site based email to the new UNCSA Cloud based email. This migration project represents months of planning and will provide end users with numerous benefits as well as allow for a more seamless means of future integration and support of our communications infrastructure.
This webpage has been created as a central point for learning more about the new UNCSA Cloud as well as keep you up-to-date on the current status of the project.
For any questions or comments reagarding the new UNCSA Cloud
contact: Jared P. Johnson, email@example.com ex. 1454
Click here for reference material and walkthroughs for configuring your device.
- IT begins the process of updating the current ActiveDirectory
- IT installs and configures the new Exchange server that will point UNCSA mail to the new Cloud
- Migration Begins:
- As a department, Information Technologies is migrated to the new cloud as an initial beta test
- IT creates documentation regarding the new Cloud setting's changes based on beta lessons learned
- As an additional beta department, Human Resources is migrated to the new UNCSA Cloud
- IT contacts departments to determine Public Folder usage
- IT Help Desk scans and upgrades MS Office as necessary
- Week of February 17:
- IT's new UNCSA - In The Cloud webpage goes live, containing information regarding configuring and using the new Cloud settings.
- IT begins posting and distributing campus information regarding the new UNCSA Cloud.
- IT follows up with departments that have not reported back on Public Folder usage.
- IT contacts department representatives to schedule department migrations.
- OneCard, Campus Store, Purchasing, Finance, and Mail Center are successfully migrated to the UNCSA Cloud.
- Week of February 24:
- Public Folders are archived and items that have been approved by departments to be purged have been purged.
- Welcome Center, Registrar's Office, Admissions, Institutional Research, Student Finance, Financial Aid, Campus Police, and Design & Production are successfully migrated to the UNCSA Cloud.
- Week of March 3:
- Facilities Management, Health Services, Residence Life, and Stevens Center are successfully migrated to the UNCSA Cloud.