And So We Walked
And So We Walked: An Artist’s Journey Along the Trail of Tears is a new documentary, solo theater project written and performed by Cherokee Actress and Community Activist DeLanna Studi and directed and produced by Kenan Institute for the Arts Executive Director Corey Madden.
As part of the project, the Kenan Institute for the Arts and the Cherokee Historical Association will host the Native American Theatre Project (July 18-August 6), a three-week “creative co-laboratory” in Cherokee, North Carolina, which is sponsored in part by the Cherokee Preservation Foundation. Triad Stage will host the play’s North Carolina premier in April 2017.
Other project partners include:
- Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians
- The Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Native Voices Theatre
- Center for the Study of the American South
- American Indian Center at UNC – Chapel Hill
- Process Series at UNC – Chapel Hill
- Playmakers Repertory – Chapel Hill
- MAP Fund