Guitar Faculty: Joseph Pecoraro, Zane Forshee
Graduate Undergraduate High School Summer Session
Personalized instruction - Preparation for artistic and career success
Extensive performance opportunities
At UNCSA, the guitar department buzzes with the energy generated by two dozen guitar students, two full-time guitar professors, and a diverse community of artists. UNCSA provides the ideal setting for artistic and professional growth in an environment where musicians, dancers, actors, designers, and filmmakers live and work together.
- Weekly private classical guitar lessons are taught by acclaimed faculty members with active professional careers.
- Two-hour weekly guitar performance classes enable students to build confidence on stage and master performance skills.
- The curriculum centers on classical guitar, but students are encouraged to compose their own music, develop repertoires of individual interest, and participate in jazz courses and ensembles.
- Renowned guest artists present on-campus performances, lectures, and master classes.
- A one-year guitar pedagogy course prepares undergraduate and graduate students to teach professionally and operate teaching businesses; registered instruction in the Suzuki Method is included.
- The one-year guitar literature course supplies undergraduate and graduate students with detailed knowledge of guitar repertoire.
- Career development classes ensure that bachelor- and master-degree candidates acquire comprehensive professional skills prior to graduation.
- Abundant technology resources allow students to pursue new channels for musical expression and audience development.
- Students perform frequently not only on campus but also throughout North Carolina in concerts organized by the UNCSA touring office.
- Career development grants help students fund the costs of website development, touring, recording, travel, and more.
Is the UNCSA guitar program right for you? If you aspire to perform classical guitar music fearlessly and rise toward your potential, then you’ll be at home at UNCSA. We seek hard-working students who are eager to master the essentials of music-making, collaboration, and career success. We aim to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to achieve your musical goals and express your artistic voice. UNCSA graduates consistently rank among the most successful guitarists in America, earning prizes in guitar competitions, appearing on international concert stages, and serving as teachers in higher education and community schools.
We invite interested guitar students to visit our campus. We present numerous student, faculty, and guest artist performances each year as well as an annual Guitar Open House in early December.
Please contact the guitar faculty, Zane Forshee and Joseph Pecoraro, for more information.