Mid 10-Year Review
This guide is intended to provide a Candidate for Mid 10-Year Review a general overview of the process. Links to guidance documents and forms are included. Detailed information can be found in those guidance documents and forms.
What Guidance Documents Will Be Helpful?
This is a list of guidance documents that will be helpful to the Candidate specifically. Please see the Contract Reappointment Evaluation section of the Faculty Affairs web page for all of our guidance documents.
- Procedures & Deadlines for Mid 10-Year Review
- Dossier Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review
- UNCSA Faculty Manual (see Section 8.1)
Process & Deadlines
- October 1: Deadline for Candidate to upload Mid 10-Year Review Dossier to Interfolio ByCommittee.
Use Process & Deadlines for Mid 10-Year Review to keep track of deadlines and to get a step-by-step perspective of the entire Mid 10-Year Review process.
Mid 10-Year Review Dossier
- The Office of Faculty Affairs will initiate a Mid 10-Year Review case for you in Interfolio ByCommittee over the summer. This is where you’ll upload all of your Mid 10-Year Review Dossier materials. It will be pre-formatted with the folders you’ll need. You will receive an email from the Office of Faculty Affairs with a link to “View Case” along with instructions for using Interfolio ByCommittee once your case has been initiated.
- More information about preparing your Mid 10-Year Review Dossier can be found in Dossier Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review. Be sure to read this – it provides details about what you need to put in your Dossier and how things need to be formatted. And it’s important to read because Dossiers that don’t meet the requirements will be returned.
- Submit your Mid 10-Year Review Dossier by uploading your materials to Interfolio ByCommittee. The due date is October 1.
- You will maintain read-only access to your dossier after the due date. At that point, you will no longer be able to add or edit dossier materials except in the “Candidate Additional Supplemental Materials” section. However, you will retain access to view your dossier at any time during the Mid 10-Year Review process. As a reminder, materials submitted after a stated dossier submission deadline does not affect subsequent deadlines and does not cause any evaluator/reviewer to be obligated to re-evaluate a Candidate.
Peer Review Committee Evaluation
- Your Peer Review Committee will complete its review and upload the Peer Review Committee Evaluation for Mid 10-Year Review to Interfolio ByCommittee by December 15 for the Dean’s review. Faculty Affairs will upload those documents to your dossier for the Dean’s review. The Dean will meet with the Peer Review Committee to discuss its evaluation by January 15.
- If you have questions about the Peer Review Committee process in your school/division, please contact your Office of the Dean.
Your Dean will complete his/her review and complete the Dean's Evaluation for Mid 10-Year Review. He or she will meet with you to discuss your evaluation by February 10.
After meeting with you, the Dean will upload the evaluation and the Acknowledgement Statement for Mid 10-Year Review, to Interfolio ByCommittee by February 15 for Provost review.
Faculty Affairs will upload the documents to your dossier for Provost review.
The Provost will complete his/her review and provide a written response by May 3.