Experience the lush score, vivid sets and costumes, and extraordinary performances that have made UNCSA's The Nutcracker a cherished holiday tradition. The Nutcracker is performed at the Stevens Center in Winston-Salem each December.
Cited as a production of “enormous power and artistic excellence” by YES! Weekly, the Winston-Salem Journal said that UNCSA's Nutcracker “enchants and enthralls ... sweep(ing) us into a spell.” Featuring the largest Nutcracker orchestra in the Triad! UNCSA proudly welcomes First Tennessee Bank as presenting sponsor of The Nutcracker.
In The News
- Behind the Scenes at UNCSA's "The Nutcracker"
- Sugar and sweat: The sweet payoff of one Sugar Plum Fairy’s hard work
- Why UNCSA's The Nutcracker Never Loses Its Magic
- UNCSA's 'The Nutcracker' delivers a feast for the eyes and ears
- Exhilarating Nutcracker Despite Technical Glitches at UNCSA
- Nutcracker Boutique opens at Stevens Center
- Sequins, jewels and secrets make "The Nutcracker" costumes magical
- Nutcracker to showcase acclaimed guest dancers Megan LeCrone and Martin Harvey during 50th year anniversary
- UNCSA’s 2016 Nutcracker box office opening kick-off event is Saturday, Oct. 1
The Nutcracker 2016
Directed by: Jared Redick
Original Staging and Direction by: Ethan Stiefel
Musical Direction by: Leif Bjaland
Tchaikovsky’s music performed by: The UNCSA Nutcracker Orchestra
Guest Artists: Megan LeCrone and Martin Harvey
Follow along with us on the Nutcracker Facebook page!
Photos by Peter Mueller