Caring for students so they can thrive
UNCSA Student Health Services in the Wellness Center provides professional and cost-effective medical care and services that are general and specific to the performing arts -- from coughs to physical therapy. Students are usually seen the same day and often within a few minutes for injuries.
Free Health Services include:
- Office visit with physician, nurse, physical assistant, certified medical assistant and athletic trainer.
- Ice baths for feet can hold up to 5 dancers, and musicians enjoy a paraffin wax for their hands.
- Performing Arts Athletic trainers work with student to prevent injuries and injury recovery.
- Self-service over- the-counter medicine for upset stomach, diarrhea, headache, condoms, Band-Aide brand adhesive strips, and cough drops
- High School resident student come for sick confinement to receive an excuse from classes.
A student’s medical condition is held in the strictest confidence. If you are over 18 years of age and in college we will not discuss your health with your parents or with teachers or staff without your written permission. If you are under 18, we may call your parents about illnesses but will not discuss issues of sexuality, STDs or contraception. Medical information about high school students will be shared with arts schools, general studies and residence life staff only on a “need to know” basis.