Caring for students so they can thrive
UNCSA Student Health Services in the Wellness Center provides professional and cost-effective medical care and services that are general and specific to the performing arts -- from coughs to physical therapy. Students are usually seen the same day and often within a few minutes for injuries.
Free Health Services include:
- Office evaluation by physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, certified medical assistant and/or athletic trainer. Psychiatry services available on referral from our providers.
- Performing Arts Athletic trainers work with student to prevent injuries and promote injury recovery.
- Self-service over-the-counter medicine for upset stomach, pain, headache, condoms, adhesive bandages, first aid ointment, and cough drops
- On-site pharmacy for certain prescription medications
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Arranging for transportation to off-campus medical and dental providers
- Filing of insurance for all students covered by StudentBlue, Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- 247/ nurse-on-call through HealthLink
A student’s medical condition is held in the strictest confidence. If you are over 18 years of age and in college we will not discuss your health with your parents or with teachers or staff without your written permission. If you are under 18, we may call your parents about illnesses but will not discuss issues of sexuality, STDs or contraception. Medical information about high school students will be shared with arts schools, general studies and residence life staff only on a “need to know” basis.