The mission of the University Archives is:
- to collect, organize, describe, preserve and provide access to records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal and historical value;
- to provide adequate facilities for the retention and preservation of such records;
- to ensure efficient management of recorded information produced by School offices;
- to serve as a resource center to stimulate and nourish creative teaching and learning;
- to promote knowledge and understanding of the origins and development of the programs and goals of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.