Chancellor's Artpreneur Grants
Chancellor's Artpreneur Grants
UNCSA defines an Artpreneur as “an artist who is not defined by what is, but inspired by all that could be; who is business savvy and technologically aware; who is devoted to creating value and impact through their creative practice; who reaches beyond existing disciplines to create new ways to connect with others; who is willing to take creative risks in order to positively transform our world.”
The 2018-2019 Artpreneur Grants offer UNCSA graduating students and alumni opportunities to compete for funding for their creative works and enterprises. The grant program is administered by the Thomas S. Kenan Institute for the Arts. For more information, email Erin Edge at email@example.com.
2018-19 Grant Types
Artpreneur Grants for Graduating Students
Graduating UNCSA college, graduate and professional certificate students may apply for these merit-based grants. Applicants will compete for $2,500 in funding for their creative work or creative enterprise. Grants will be announced at the 2019 College Commencement ceremony.
For questions, contact the Erin Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshops will also be offered through the Teaching and Learning Center (dates TBD).
Application Deadline: March 11, 2019
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time in a UNCSA undergraduate, graduate or certificate program and have applied and be on track to graduate in May 2019
- Completion of the short webinars (click here to request access to the Canvas site)
- A basic budget with projected expenses and revenue
- Completed online application
- Two Letters of Recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s artistic work. One letter must come from a UNCSA faculty or staff member; the other can be an external source
- Artist fees
- Venue costs
- Discipline-specific equipment or software
- Professional services
- General expenses of transitioning from college to career
- Personal living expenses (rent, transportation, food)
- Career development expenses (headshots, classes, etc.)
- Student loan repayments
Alumni Artpreneur of the Year Grants
Two Artpreneur of the Year Grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded in May 2019 to UNCSA alumni who have founded a Creative Project or Creative Enterprise of the highest merit, artistic excellence or innovative potential.
Nominations will be made by a UNCSA committee. Grants will be announced at the 2019 College Commencement ceremony.
- Must be a verified UNCSA Alumnus
- For Creative Projects, awards will go to a generative/lead artist actively working on a creative project with screening, opening OR publication scheduled within one (1) year of application. Works which have already premiered are NOT eligible.
- For Creative Enterprises, awards will go to a founder or co-founder of an enterprise that has existed as a legal, revenue-producing entity for between 2 to 10 years (for-profit LLCs and sole-proprietorships and non-profit organizations are eligible).
Grants can be made tax-free to a qualified fiscal sponsor or non-profit organization; grants made to individuals, established LLCs, and sole-proprietors are tax-liable.