Adult Dancer Program
Adult Dancer Program
UNCSA Preparatory Dance Program is excited to be able to share new online classes through the Zoom platform. You can download the free Zoom app to your computer or phone and create an account for yourself online.
Teen and Adult 2020-21 Calendar and Class Schedules
The well-being and comfort of our students is our first priority. To that end all classes will be provided in a hybrid format, in-person and on Zoom. Adult students may choose how they wish to study. If we reach the safe occupancy numbers for the studio space students will need to reserve an in-person place prior to the class. A 10 class card is $120 and can be used for any dance class during the year. No expiration date.
- Students will complete an online health assessment prior to each in person class session
- Learn more about the UNCSA Community Health Standards which will guide our safety protocols
Below is the NEW schedule for the upcoming classes
Fall Semester: September 8 – December 22, 2020
- From September 8 – November 24, classes will be held in the Stevens Center and the Milton Rhodes Center (Mountcastle Theatre)
- From November 30 - December 22, classes will be held in the UNCSA Dance Studios
Spring Semester: January 5 – June 6, 2021
- From January 5 - February 6, classes will be held in the UNCSA Dance Studios
- From February 7 - June 6, classes will be held at the Milton Rhodes Center and the Center for Design Innovation (CDI)
Adult Evening Classes: June 7 - August 3, 2021
All dancers from 15 years of age upwards
No need to stop dancing. All summer classes will be held at UNCSA!
Adult dance classes are designed to instill the joy of dance through classically, sound technique in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Adult dance classes will continue throughout the summer months.A ten-class card is $120 and can be used for any adult dance class.
- Students are required to register on-line. Please bring proof of registration and payment when you arrive at your first class to receive a class card and access card.
- All participants are required to complete a liability form.
- Additional class cards may be purchased and will be accepted into the 2021/22academic year.
Ballet - Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate Classes
Find the level that suits you best or attend a mixture of classes. Prep. faculty, all certified in the ABT NTC, plan developmentally appropriate classes that challenge and perfect technique, coordination and musicality.
Mondays, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m. (C. Stewart)
This class is designed for students who are new or returning to ballet. Classes include barre, centre practice and allegro, moving at a slower pace and focusing on developing a foundation of technique and basic ballet vocabulary.
Saturdays 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (S. Brooker)
Students who are returning to ballet or are familiar with the basic ballet class will find this course is designed to prepare them to develop the strength and coordination necessary to move forward with their technique and vocabulary.
Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (C. Stewart)
This class is designed for students who have a grounding in ballet training and knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary. Emphasis in Intermediate ballet is on developing technical strength and building towards more advanced vocabulary.
Progressing Ballet Technique
Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:00 pm (A. Dore)
PBT focuses on core strength, weight placement and alignment of the body with a gradual approach of carefully designed exercises and repetitions of these exercises that trigger their muscle memory. PBT is not only a program to improve technique in ballet dancers, it is now being appreciated and incorporated in training by all forms of dancers, athletes, physiotherapists and even footballers!