Adult Dancer Program
Adult Dancer Program
UNCSA Preparatory Dance Program is excited to be able to share new online classes through the Zoom platform. You can download the free Zoom app to your computer or phone and create an account for yourself online.
Teen and Adult 2020-21 Calendar and Class Schedules
The well-being and comfort of our students is our first priority. To that end all classes will be provided in a hybrid format, in-person and on Zoom. Adult students may choose how they wish to study. If we reach the safe occupancy numbers for the studio space students will need to reserve an in-person place prior to the class. A 10 class card is $120 and can be used for any dance class during the year. No expiration date.
- Students will complete an online health assessment prior to each in person class session
- Learn more about the UNCSA Community Health Standards which will guide our safety protocols
Below is the NEW schedule for the upcoming classes
Fall Semester: September 8 – December 22, 2020
- From September 8 – November 24, classes will be held in the Stevens Center and the Milton Rhodes Center (Mountcastle Theatre)
- From November 30 - December 22, classes will be held in the UNCSA Dance Studios
Spring Semester: January 5 – June 6, 2021
- From January 5 - February 6, classes will be held in the UNCSA Dance Studios
- From February 7 - June 6, classes will be held at the Milton Rhodes Center and the Center for Design Innovation (CDI)
Summer Classes: June 7 - July 31, 2021
See class information below for the days and times of summer adult dance classes. Punch cards are good for summer classes, too!
Mondays, 6:45 - 8:00 p.m. (S. Brooker)
Studio 606 (1/5-2/6)
Summer Schedule: Mondays 6:00 - 7:15 pm (S. Brooker)
This class is designed for students who are new or returning to ballet. Classes include barre, centre practice and allegro, moving at a slower pace and focusing on developing a foundation of technique and basic ballet vocabulary.
Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (A. Blanco)
Studio 298 (1/5-2/6)
Milton Rhodes Center (2/7-6/6)
Summer Schedule: Thursdays 6:00 - 7:30 pm (S. Brooker)
This class is designed for students who have a grounding in ballet training and knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary. Emphasis in Intermediate ballet is on developing technical strength and building towards more advanced vocabulary.
Open Contemporary Classes
Summer Schedule: Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:15 pm (T. Griggs)
For students who have had at least two years of experience in dance who would like to develop their quality of movement, technique and sensitivity to expressing musicality.