Cameron Knight joins the UNCSA School of Drama after a 20-year stage career at some of the top theatres in the country. He takes advantage of the time he has with students so that they can gain expertise by focusing on the quality of their work over the quantity.
I work to develop the complete actor - strong rhetorical skills (storytelling), deep emotional truth and superior physical awareness. I work to create the artist that is consistent and formidable.
- 20 year stage career at theatres including: the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, The Kennedy Center and Milwaukee Repertory Theater
- Directed the 2019 UNCSA Drama production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Television and film credits include “Widows” (dir. Steve McQueen), “The Orville” (Fox) and “Chicago Med” (NBC)
- Director credits include “Othello,” “Seven Guitars,” “Once on this Island,” “Hamlet,” “Twelfth Night,” among others
- Long career in voice over and commercial work
- Screen Actors Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG/AFTRA)
- Actors Equity Association (AEA)
- Shakespeare forum
M.F.A.University of Delaware Professional Theatre Training Program
B.F.A.University of Michigan - Flint
Cert.Meisner Acting Technique