Dr. Caroline Oliveira Crupi has been a member of the faculty at UNCSA since 2016. A professional vocalist by training, she graduated with a Doctorate of Musical Arts in Voice in 2015 from the UNC Greensboro. She also harbors a deep passion for aural skills and music theory, having received a Post-Master’s Certificate in Music Theory Pedagogy.
I strive to engage students in a variety of mediums, presenting information and suggesting repetition aurally, vocally and kinesthetically—helping students develop descriptive vocabulary for abstract concepts in order to interact with the material on a more intensive level.
- Has taught at numerous regional institutions, including Greensboro Day School, Guilford Technical Community College, Averett University and at the UNCG Summer Music Camps.
- Performed with many regional organizations, including Greensboro Opera, Bel Canto, Greensboro Light Opera & Song and Triangle Jewish Chorale
- Performed numerous benefit concerts for local charities, including the Greensboro Symphony Orchestra, Greensboro Opera, Backpack Beginnings and more
- Founding Board Member and Education Chair for Vivace: The Greensboro Symphony Young Profesionals
- Greensboro Jaycees
- National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS)
- Society for Music Theory (SMT)
D.M.A. VoiceUNC Greensboro
M.M. VoiceUNC Greensboro
B.A. MusicFlorida State University