Alumna Jamie Call Blankinship has taught stage management at UNCSA since 2005. As a teacher and mentor, she tries to be open and honest. She accomplishes this by sharing her own successes and failures with students—whether it happens in the classroom, in a rehearsal or during a conversation in her office.
Call-Blankinship's students learn skills in the classroom and test that knowledge through practical applications. Students stage manage between 2-4 productions each semester, working on student-led teams in opera, contemporary and classical dance, drama and musicals in five different theatres. That depth and variety of training produces stage managers who are ready to enter the field as young professionals, years ahead of other programs.
- Stage Manager at San Francisco Opera; The Washington Opera at JFK Center for the Performing Arts; Spoleto Festival USA; Lyric Opera of Kansas City; Anchorage, Charlotte, Piedmont and August Operas' and Francis Ford Coppola at Zoetrope Studios
- Executive and Line Producer for large corporate and entertainment events at Jack Morton Productions, Washington, D.C. and Production Group International (PGI)
- Rehearsal Director, World Cup Opening Ceremonies at RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
- Interim Dean, UNCSA School of Design & Production, 2014-15
- Member, Actor’s Equity Association (AEA)
- American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA)
- United States Institute of Theatre Technology (USITT)