An award-winning cinematographer, School of Filmmaking faculty member Robert Draper has four decades of experience, working across four continents in feature films, television, documentaries, commercials and broadcast news. He has won multiple awards from the Australian Cinematographers Society, including Awards of Distinction, the Golden Tripod and the Silver and Gold Awards.
- Draper has taught at Rockport College in Maine and at the State University of New York at Purchase, in addition to numerous photography and high-definition lighting workshops for Panasonic and Sony.
- Feature film credits include “Sushi Tushi,” “The Crater,” “The Adventures of Roman,” “Halloween 5: The Return of Michael Myers” and “The Spitfire Grill” (winner of Best Picture Audience Vote at Sundance Film Festival).
- Television credits include “Creepshow,” “The Fosters,” “Ed” and “Tales from the Crypt.”
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- The American Society of Cinematographers has nominated Draper three times for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography for television mini-series and movies.
- Best Cinematography Award from the Beverly Hills Film Festival for “Irrefutable Proof,” 2016