Seth Horner is the Principal Tuba for both the North Carolina Symphony and Britt Festival Orchestra in Jacksonville, Oregon. He teaches tuba and euphonium in the School of Music.
- Former instrumental faculty teaching tuba and euphonium at Towson University
- Served as an audition panel member and coach for Carnegie Hall’s National Youth Orchestra of the United States of America (NYO-USA), as well as Carnegie’s NYO2
- Given masterclasses/recitals at the Tidewater Brass Institute, Eastern Music Festival, University of Oregon, Eastern Carolina University, Ithaca University and Towson University
- Former Acting-Principal Tuba of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) from 2014-17, with additional performances during the BSO’s west coast tour and 2010, 2014 and 2016 Carnegie Hall appearances.
- Can be heard on BSO’s albums "Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet" and "Bernstein's Symphonies No. 1, 2 and 3," as well as with the Colorado Symphony on "Roy Harris: Symphonies 3 and 4"
- Other previous positons include the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, West Virginia Symphony and Oregon Ballet Theatre Orchestra
- Principal tuba of the Britt Festival Orchestra in Jacksonville, Oregon, and has performed with the Oregon Bach Festival Orchestra
- Has performed with the Philadelphia Orchestra, National Symphony, Kennedy Center Opera, Utah Symphony, New Jersey Symphony, Louisville Symphony, Oregon Symphony and New World Symphony, among others
- Chamber music appearances include Washington Symphonic Brass and the Clipper City Brass