UNCSA will celebrate ALL alumni during Picklestock 2018, August 23-26. Come back to campus and see how things have changed since you were a student, learn about the strategic plan for UNCSA’s future and reconnect with your classmates and alumni from the 60’s-today.
Reconnect with your classmates and share memories and photos by joining the Picklestock 2018 Facebook group.
Schedule of Events
Art Exhibitions in the Thomas S. Kenan Art Gallery in the UNCSA Library:
- Floor 3: Selections from Jim Moon, early Visual Arts faculty member
- Floor 2: Selected works from alumna Ingrid Matthews (HS Music '85)
Thursday, August 23
6:00pm Arrive and mingle, optional social gathering at Finnegan's Wake*
*organized by alumni
Friday, August 24
1:30-2:30pm Check-in, Welcome Center on campus (shuttle service available from the Marriott to campus from 1:00-3:00pm)
2:30-4:30pm Campus Tours (grouped by arts school)
5:00-6:00pm Address by Chancellor Bierman, ACE Main Theatre
6:00-7:00pm Hors-d'oeuvres and drinks, BB&T Lobby in ACE Theatre (shuttle service available from campus to the Marriott from 7:00-8:00pm)
Saturday, August 25
9:00-10:30am Drop-In Breakfast with Provost David English, sponsored by the UNCSA Board of Visitors, Eisenberg Social Hall in Hanes Student Commons (shuttle service available from the Marriott to campus from 8:30-10:30am)
10:30am-Noon Arts School break-out sessions (shuttle service from campus to the Marriott available from 12:00-1:00pm)
- Dance- de Mille Theatre
- Design & Production- Drawing Studio
- Drama- Crawford Hall
- Music- Library, 4th Floor
4:00pm Alumni Benefit Concert* (proceeds support Music scholarships), Watson Hall
8:00pm-midnight Alumni Beaux Arts Ball*, Marriott Grand Pavilion (group picture will be taken at 8:30pm, cash bar)
*organized by alumni
- If you are driving to campus, please park in Lot J at the Welcome Center. Shuttle routes take approximately 20 minutes from the Marriott to campus and back.
- Yes, you may decorate a table at the Beaux Arts Ball! The Grand Pavilion will be open beginning at 3:00pm to decorate.