Join The Associates
Join The Associates
We invite you to join The Associates of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Two membership tiers accommodate members’ individual time needs and volunteer interests:
- Active Members pay annual dues of $30 per person and actively participate in one or more Associates-sponsored volunteer activities.
- Supporting Members pay annual dues of $45 per person and are invited to participate, if they wish, in Associates-sponsored volunteer activities.
Membership dues are a tax deductible donation to the UNCSA Foundation, Inc.
Membership benefits for all Associates include:
- Opportunities to get to know talented UNCSA students, gifted faculty, and our world-renowned performing arts conservatory.
- Invitations to attend monthly board meetings and to hear engaging UNCSA speakers.
- Informative monthly newsletters.
- Invitations to Associates-sponsored special events and receptions including:
- Annual kick-off in the fall which showcases student performances;
- Behind the Scenes programs which provide glimpses of student artists’ work-in-progress in design, production and performance;
- Salons@Six which are intimate evenings hosted in private homes to feature individual and ensemble performances by student artists. Reservations are required. Your admission to a Salon@Six is your guest who is new to UNCSA!
- End-of-year volunteer appreciation party sponsored in part by the UNCSA Office of Advancement to celebrate The Associates’ accomplishments.
The Associates’ Endowed Scholarship Fund, established in 2012 with an anonymous matching gift, yields annual awards to student artists demonstrating need. By Associates paying modest dues and, when possible, sharing their valuable time, we together contribute significantly to support and promote the performing and moving image arts at UNCSA. The Associates are able to allocate monies for student scholarships and discretionary funds to the Deans to benefit students directly.
Registration and Payment
To become an Active or Supporting Member or to renew your membership, submit an online or paper Member Registration Form. Membership dues can also be paid online or by mailed check.
Register or Renew Online
Fill in and submit the online Member Registration Form. You have the option to pay your dues online or by mail.
Pay Dues Online
Visit the secure UNCSA Foundation, Inc. website. Under “Donation Information,” select “Other” and type in the amount of the total membership dues for the person(s) registering on the Member Registration Form ($30 per Active Member plus $45 per Supporting Member). Under “Designation,” scroll through the donation options to “Other (please type below)” and type “Associates’ Membership Dues.” Click on “Add Donation” and follow prompts for payment.
Register or Renew by Mail
Download and print the Member Registration Form. Fill in and mail to the address below. You have the option to pay your dues online or by mail.
Pay Dues by Mail
Write a check for the amount of your total membership dues for the person(s) registering on the Member Registration Form ($30 per Active Member plus $45 per Supporting Member). Make your check payable to “UNCSA Foundation, Inc.” Write “Associates’ Membership Dues” in the memo line.
Mail paper registration forms and/or checks for membership dues to:
The Associates, c/o UNCSA Foundation, Inc.
1533 South Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27127