Kenan Fellowship at WGBH
WGBH Boston is America’s preeminent public broadcaster and largest producer of content for TV and the Web including Masterpiece, Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Nova, American Experience and more than a dozen other prime-time, lifestyle, and children’s series.
School of Filmmaking classes of 2015 – 2019 are eligible to apply. The ten-week Fellowship will start on May 29 and conclude on August 3.
The fellowship will provide a student or recent graduate with the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience during the production of the Monkeying Around series for PBS KIDS.
- Observe and participate during the scripting and early animation stages of the production process.
- Review the script, producer’s notes, designs, and animatics.
- Receive mentoring from Marisa Wolsky (Executive Producer) and Marcy Gunther (Senior Producer), with oversight from Carol Greenwald (Senior Executive Producer of WGBH Children’s Programming).
- Possibly provide production support on other series.
- Strong interest in children’s programming and animation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to learn and grow as an artist.
- Openness to developing a mentor / fellow relationship and receiving input from mentor and other WGBH staff.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
The cover letter should:
- Explain your interest in the Kenan Fellowship at WGBH – why do you think you would be a good candidate?
- What are your goals as an artist? How will this Fellowship help you achieve those goals?
- Why are you a fit for this particular Fellowship?
- Have you been mentored or mentored someone in a work setting?
Fellow will receive:
- $400 stipend each week.
- Housing allowance of $650 per week.
- One-time travel stipend of $500.
- The fellow will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned about the animation production process and create their own project. Past projects from fellows have included a storyboard and a pitch for an original children’s series.
Application is due on March 28. Interviews will take place via Skype on April 3 & 4.
For more information, contact Rebecca Nussbaum, Director of Career Development and Community Engagement.
Thank you! Your WGBH Kenan Fellowship application has been successfully submitted.