Kenan Portable Internship
The Kenan Portable Internship is a Career Pathways program of the Thomas S. Kenan Institute for the Arts and the UNCSA Office of Career Development and Community Engagement that allows rising seniors, graduate students and recent alumni (Classes of 2013-2018) to design a creative, 6- to 10-week-long summer internship with arts organizations or professionals within the United States.
Kenan Portable Internships can support:
- experiential learning in a specific arts field
- field research and experience to advance work and knowledge on a particular topic
- professional training and development
Internships are awarded directly to students through a competitive process. Awards are all-inclusive and can be up to-- but will not exceed--$5000. The award will be paid directly to recipients.
Rising seniors, graduate students and recent alumni (Classes of 2018-2013) may submit an application. Successful applicants must:
- be recommended by a UNC School of the Arts Dean
- secure a letter of intent from the proposed host organization or individual
Portable internships cannot be used in conjunction with other UNCSA grants.
The application is online (link below) and must include:
- Location of internship and contact person
- Letter of intent from the host organization or artist outlining support for the potential internship
- Endorsement of proposed internship from Art School Dean
- A personal statement that shares the reasons for the choice of internship and learning goals. (1000 word limit)
- Estimated costs of internship
- One-page résumé
- Two letters of support from individuals familiar with the applicant’s artistic work and character
Finalists will be scheduled for an interview with the selection committee in March 2018.
February 28, 2018
For questions about Kenan Portable Internshisp, contact Rebecca Nussbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org.