April campus events to raise awareness of sexual assault
In the United States, April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities on how to prevent it.
UNCSA Residence Life Programs, the Title IX office, the Counseling Center and others are partnering to implement nationally-known awareness programs such as Take Back the Night, the Clothes Line Project, and the Red Flag Campaign along with student-led events. If you are interested in helping, join the SAAM Planning Committee by contacting Karina Ryan, Allison Hunter, or Delores Harris.
- April 3 - Teal Day. Wear teal color.
- April 3-30 - Clothes Line Project in Hanes Student Commons Stairway
- April 5 - Take Back the Night event in Daniels Plaza at 9:30 p.m.
- April 12 - Red Flag Campaign event
- April 18 - SAAM Slam in Eisenberg Social Hall at 9 p.m.
- April 26 - Denim Day. Wear denim.
Contact: Karina Ryan
Updated: March 23, 2017