Go paperless: Sign up to get your W-2 tax form electronically

MoneyTax time will be here soon. If you have not signed up for an electronic copy of your W-2 form, please do so now. Employees can go paperless by providing consent to receive their 2018 IRS W-2 form electronically through E-Z Arts by Friday, Jan 25. Selecting a check box gives consent to an electronic W-2 and stops having paper W-2 forms mailed to you.

IRS regulations require UNCSA to send employees a paper W-2 form unless they consent to receive their W-2 form in an electronic-only format. Once you give your consent you will be able to view previous W-2 forms too.

 Receiving an electronic W-2 form is:

  • Safer. Reduces the risk of identity theft. W-2 forms include the your name, address and social security number.
  • Faster. Electronic W-2 forms are available before mailed forms. An announcement will let you know your W-2 is available to view and print. Those that do not make the election will have W-2 forms mailed by Jan. 31, 2019 to the permanent address we have on file for you. If you need to change your address please complete a Personnel Action Form and submit to HRForms@uncsa.edu.
  • Greener. Save paper, an envelope, and fuel for the mail truck by receiving you 2018 W-2 online.

Sign up to receive your W-2 form electronically

  1. Log in to E-Z Arts
  2. Select Employee from the Main Menu listing
  3. Select Tax Forms from the Employee listing
  4. Select Electronic W-2 Consent, the Electronic Regulatory Consent webpage displays
  5. Select the check box beside "Consent to receive W-2 electronically"
  6. Select Submit button


Note: If you claimed exemption from withholding tax on your 2018 federal or state   tax, you must file a new W-4 (federal) form and/or NC-4 (state) form for the year  2019 no later than Feb. 10, 2019,  to continue to claim exemption in 2019.  Forms submitted after the 10th will take effect the following month. Tax status will  default to “single/zero” if a new form is not submitted before the deadline. You can update federal  tax forms  in E-Z Arts. Submit withholding changes to the Payroll Department for the NC-4 form.

If you need help or have questions, contact Jarrett Bailey at baileyj@uncsa.edu or 336-631-1247.

Contact: Jarrett Bailey

Updated: Jan. 14, 2019

Submit an announcement