Accepting nominations to recognize extraordinary staff
This year has been an extraordinary, out-of-the-ordinary year. Pause and reflect on a staff person you wish to be recognized for their professional excellence or community service to the campus.
Faculty, administrators, students, parents of students, and staff are encourage to nominate a staff person. Recipients of each award will receive a $1,000 in addition to being recognized at the Celebration of Excellence ceremony that will be held in the fall. Recipients will be submitted for UNC Staff Assembly Erskine B. Bowles Annual Staff Service Award.
Who can I nominate?
Full-time, permanent employees with at least one year of service to UNCSA are eligible, with the exception of faculty, deans, members of the Chancellor's Cabinet, Aramark staff, and contract or temporary employees.
How do I nominate?
Use the nomination form links to submit a staff person's name and details of why you are nominating, provide your contact information in case clarifications are needed, and indicate if you allow Staff Council to share what you submitted with the nominee or wish to remain anonymous. Nominate by June, 11, 2020.
Professional Excellence Award
The Staff Council Professional Excellence Award recognizes a staff member who:
- strives for excellence and goes well above and beyond their duties
- is a great collaborator and sought-after team member across campus
- anticipates problems and provides solutions
- coaches and mentors other employees
- represents UNCSA admirably when engaging with community businesses and organizations.
Community Service Award
The Community Service Award recognizes a staff member for outstanding service to the campus community:
- by demonstrating understanding, empathy and devotion
- by improving communications and morale
- by making campus operate more efficiently and productively
- by serving in their greater community
For past recipients, see the Staff Council awards web page.
Contact: Amber Russell
May 6, 2002