COVID-19 signage, floor decals available; follow display guidelines
UNCSA-branded COVID-19 signs and social distancing floor decals are available for all departments to use for their area. The purpose of these informational signs is to remind our campus community how we can help to keep each other healthy. Departments can use any of the informational signs they deem appropriate for the type of traffic and usage of their building. Each building is different; however, Facilities has the following guidelines:
Sign placement guidelines
- Use repositionable adhesive for signs.
- Post signs on wall beside the door and never on the door.
- Position sign at eye level.
- Post Maximum Occupancy signs near elevator doors.
- Departments can use either numbers or percentages when displaying Maximum Occupancy signs to ensure 6 feet between people.
Floor decal placement guidelines
Wherever people wait or stand, use a “Stand Here" floor decal. Then measure 6 feet away and put another “Stand Here” decal, until you have enough for your usual volume. If you are going to designate one way direction for floors, staircases or halls, use the “One Way” decals on the floor. Space “One Way” floor decals so they are obvious, but not excessive.
Requesting signage, decalsCampus departmental representatives can request additional protective equipment supplies (disposable surgical masks, cloth masks, face shields, KN95 masks and clear face masks) and COVID-19 adhesive decals or card stock flyers. See examples:
- Safety Signage (PDF): Sanitize hands, Enter only, Leave This Seat Empty, Line Starts Here, Online/Phone-In Order Pickup Here, Maximum Occupancy Feeling Sick? Stop!, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
- Floor Circles (PDF): Stand Here and One Way
For additional disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer for your area:
Contact: Toni Beery
Aug. 11, 2020