News for 2021 state benefits
Important news for State Health Medical Plan 2021
- No premium increases for the 3rd year in a row.
- Members who select a Clear Pricing Project Provider as their Primary Care Provider will enjoy a $0 copay. Look up CPP Doctors: Find a Doctor tool.
- Reduced copays for members who visit a Clear Pricing Project Specialist.
- Preferred and non-preferred insulin will have a $0 copay for a 30-day supply.
- Preventive Services remain free – no copay or deductible – on the 80/20 and 70/30 plans.
- The formulary, or drug list of covered medications, changes quarterly, so changes in drug coverage in both plans are possible.
Important News for NCFlex Plan 2021
Employees can download or view online the 2021 NCFlex Booklet:
or you view the NC Flex videos.
Dental Plan Rates will be Lower in 2021
- Starting Jan. 1, 2021, dental plan rates will decrease for all three Dental Plan options: Low, Classic and High plans. Be sure to review the Dental Plans to choose coverage that’s right for you and your family.
- If you decide to switch Dental Plans for 2021, a waiting period for coverage will not apply.
Remember to Re-enroll in the FSAs
- You must re-enroll in the Health Care and/or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) each year to make contributions in the upcoming plan year. If you do not re-enroll, your current contributions end on Dec. 31, 2020.
- If you participated in the Health Care FSA in 2020, up to $550 of the unused account balance from 2020 will roll over to pay eligible expenses in 2021. If you do not re-enroll in the FSA for 2021, you cannot make new contributions, but you may still use these rollover funds. The new yearly amount for the Health Care FSA for 2021 is $2,750.
No EOI Required for Cancer and Specified Disease Coverage
For 2021, you can enroll in or increase Cancer and Specified Disease Insurance without having to provide Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
If you and your spouse are both eligible for NCFlex benefits
You may not be covered as both an employee and a dependent on any NCFlex benefit and children cannot be covered by both parents (double covered). For each plan, you will need to choose whether you will be covered as an employee or a as dependent and/or which parent will have child coverage. For Group Term Life and AD&D coverage, if you are eligible as an employee, you may only be covered as an employee, not as a dependent.
2021 Annual Enrollment Employee Sessions
These employee sessions give you an opportunity to chat in questions online through the webinar to an NCFlex representative. Click link for dates and times of sessions, please register for the one you are interested in. Information on how to log in will be sent closer to the time of the meeting.
Contact: Keyona McNeill
Sept. 18, 2020