Keep campus free of space heater fire hazards

Person typing on a laptop in mittensThe National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that heating equipment is the second leading cause of home fires in the US. More than 53% of all home heating fire deaths resulted from fires that began when heating equipment was too close to things that can burn.

In an effort to help keep our campus free from space heater fire hazards, UNCSA faculty and staff are encouraged to read the OSHR Space Heater Use Program (PDF) to understand how to safely use portable/personal space heaters on campus and the steps to take before purchasing one for your personal area. Residential students also should refer to the High School or College handbooks for housing policies.

If you have questions, refer to the UNCSA Environmental Health & Safety website.

Contact: Toni Beery

Nov. 2, 2020

Submit an announcement