Applications open for Student Engagement leadership positions
The Office of Student Engagement has a variety of student leadership opportunities open to undergraduate students for summer 2021–spring 2022. Many of these opportunities offer experience in advocacy, activities, and working with new students.
Please fill out the application to select interest, and Student Engagement will set up a time to meet and discuss your interest areas and skill set.
There are several opportunities for those interested in student leadership, and that offer flexibility with busy student schedules throughout the year. Several of these positions work well paired, so please feel free to select all the roles that interest you.
- Student Community Leaders (SCL's): Planning and support campus activities. Paid hourly position that starts Aug. 7 and ends in spring. Includes leadership development and training.
- Welcome Squad: Working with first-year students to plan and host Orientation Week from Aug. 9-23. Stipend payment.
- Summer New Student Cohort Leaders: Work 5-10 hours a week virtually connecting with first-year students form your arts school from June 28-Aug. 6, 2021. Hourly paid position.
- Student Organization Leaders: Charter and lead student organizations on campus. If you are interested in starting a new group or continuing a current group for fall 2021, please fill out the application to start the student organization chartering process.
- Art School Student Advisers: New program that will pilot in fall 2021. If you have interest in serving in advocacy and activities roles within your arts school, please select an application.
Please email Lauren Iley-Spear with any questions.
Contact: Lauren Iley-Spear
April 1, 2021