Nominations for Staff Council awards due April 25
Staff, faculty, students and administration are encouraged to nominate staff who exemplify professional excellence or for community service, which includes service to the campus community or the larger community.
The deadline to submit nominations is midnight, Sunday, April 25. This deadline ensures that the nominees will be in the Celebration of Excellence program along with faculty and student recognitions. Yes, the deadline is tight, and I ask you to reflect upon who you want to nominate and don’t delay. Staff is allowed to nominate themselves for the Community Service award.
Professional Excellence award
Some items you may wish to highlight in your nomination include how the nominee:
- strives for excellence and goes well above and beyond their assigned duties
- is a great collaborator and are sought-after team members within their departments and across campus
- anticipates problems and provides solutions
- coaches and mentors other employees
- represents UNCSA admirably when engaging with community businesses and organizations
Community Service award
Some items you may wish to highlight is the how the nominee:
- demonstrats understanding, empathy and devotion
- improves communications and morale
- makes the campus operate more efficiently and productively
Past recipients are listed on the Staff Council awards page. Award recipients are nominated for UNC System awards and the Governor's Awards for Excellence.
Contact: Elizabeth White
April 16, 2021