University Ombuds is here to help
Do you seek a sounding board? An active listener? A strategy for responding to a tangled situation in your daily work?
The UNCSA Ombuds is here to help. My name is Jill Crainshaw.
What is an ombuds?
Here at UNCSA, the ombuds helps faculty and staff to resolve workplace problems and gives annual feedback on general concerns.
What do I do?
- I listen, and sometimes this is all you want or need.
- I also help to clarify issues and identify options.
- I offer coaching as you prepare for a difficult conversation.
- I facilitate conversations between employees.
- I consult with University officials about trends.
- I gather information, explain policies, and make referrals to other resources.
- I operate under the standards of practice of the International Ombuds Association: confidentiality, impartiality, informality, and independence.
When should you reach out to the Ombuds Office?
I am available as a first step or last resort or anywhere along the way as you seek to flourish in your work life.
How do I find the Ombuds?
I can be reached through a private email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a confidential phone number (336-972-9182). We can talk by phone, meet online, or meet in person. I am ready to hear your concerns and brainstorm with you about possible next steps (if you want to take a next step).
About the me
I a member of the International Ombuds Association and have completed specialized mediation training through Colorado State University. I am also certified by the FaithTrust Institute to provide professional ethics workshops and seminars for religious and other professionals.
Contact: Jill Crainshaw
Sept. 15, 2021