Performance Facilities manages and operates all live public performance venues on the campus of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and the Stevens Center. Performance Facilities supports faculty objectives of our students and serve the needs to the greater Winston-Salem, N.C., community.
- Stevens Center
- Performance Place (slated for 2019)
- de Mille Theatre
- Watson Hall
- Crawford Hall
- Milton Rhodes Center/Hanesbrands UNCSA productions
- Eisenberg Social Hall (from July 2018 to the reopening of Performance Place)
Performance Facilities Services
The Performance Facilities Department is divided into three critical functions: General Management, Patron Services and Production Services. See list of staff contacts for areas of responsibility.
- General Management includes scheduling, rentals, contract, budget, and operational aspects
- Patron Services includes ticketing, house management, food and beverage and merchandise
- Production Services manages stage and backstage needs in each facility, which includes basic lighting and sound reinforcement, securing basic stage labor and simple audio-visual support for events on these stages. In some cases, clients may be asked to reimburse Performance Facilities for the expense of stage labor. Production Services does not provide: stage management, production management, and design services. These are the sole responsibility and expense of the client user, who is the producer or presenter of the event or production. All production-related activity must be coordinated with the UNCSA Performance Facilities Production Manager for each space and comply with house policies. Production Services is happy to provide clients with direction to secure stage management, production management and design services
Stevens Center Bookings
Booking deadlines for the Stevens Center will be accelerated and compressed this year, and they will schedule both 2019-20 and 2020-21 by April 15, 2019. Performance Facilities can provide you with the specific deadlines and will be posted on this web page in September.
Alex C. Ewing Performance Place Renovations
Design & Production faculty Bill Volz is responsible for managing the shutdown of Performance Place and the reopening following its renovation. The renovations are part of the Campus Master Plan. During construction, Volz will act as the liaison between the general contractor, the architect and Performance Facilities production staff, and will report to Wiley Hausam on this initiative.