Career Development Grants
Career Development Grants (CDG) are available to all UNCSA students to help fund opportunities that will impact their professional career.
The Career Development Grant can be used for:
- Professional photos
- Summer and other festivals in the U.S.A.
- Professional auditions
- Work interviews
- Portfolio preparation
- Professional conferences
- Attending exhibitions
- Website development (limited to a 1-year subscription)
- Online cloud storage subscriptions (limited to a 1-year subscription)
Career Development Grants cannot be used for:
- Projects that involve any international travel
- Private tutorials with UNCSA faculty or staff
- Funding productions
- Curriculum requirements
- School auditions
Deadlines for the 2022-23 Career Development Grant
|Oct. 17, 2022||Online Application Available|
|Dec. 12, 2022||Applications Due|
|Jan. 30, 2023||Awards Announced|
May 2022 graduates must complete their projects and submit for reimbursement by Aug. 31, 2022. Continuing students must complete projects by December 2022. Reimbursement must be requested within two months of project completion for all students.
Grant awards range from $300 to $750. Funding can only be used for the project(s) outlined in the grant application. One award per student per academic year is allowed. This is a reimbursement grant.
Refer to the Office of Career Development page for information on the fall 2022 grant writing workshops.
The grant application includes:
- Student information section
- Project details section
- Project documents section (submit a single 5-page PDF file that includes the following)
- Page 1. Project description (500 words maximum)
- Page 2. Short summary of how this grant will benefit your career (250 words maximum)
- Page 3. Project approval from your primary faculty member/adviser/mentor (this can be an email converted into a PDF or a signed letter in PDF form)
- Page 4. Budget $300-$750 (See example of a budget)
- Page 5. Resume (See example of a resume)
The PDF file you upload should be labeled as follows:
- Last name_First name_CDG_Fall 2023
This rubric will be used to score the applications. It is recommended that all applicants review the rubric prior to submitting their application.
Career Development Grant committee members
- Dance: Sean Sullivan
- D&P: Michael Sharpe
- Drama: Sara Becker
- Film: Clint Smith
- Music: Ulrich Eichenauer
Career Development Grants are made possible through the generous support of the Talented Students in the Arts Initiative, a collaboration of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and the Surdna Foundation.