Artpreneur Grant Application for Graduating Students
Before submitting an application, please make sure you:
- Are enrolled full time in a UNCSA high school, undergraduate, graduate or certificate program
- Have applied and are on track to graduate in May 2018
- Complete application online modules webinar
Creative Project or Creative Enterprise?
- A creative project is a finite idea with a beginning, a middle, and an end that has a financial component and produces a work of art, a dance, a film, a piece of music, a play, etc.
- A creative enterprise is based on an ongoing business or nonprofit venture that impacts the creative industry (Examples: Professional photography studio, art-based clothing line, design studio, etc.).
In 100 words or fewer, summarize your creative project or creative enterprise. Please include:
- Title or Business Name
- Arts Discipline or Genre
- Purpose or Goal of Project
- Defined Audience or Customer
- Intended Impact
- Goals that the award will help you to accomplish
Example: [Title or Business Name] is a [creative project or enterprise] in [arts discipline or genre] that will [purpose] to benefit [what kind of audiences or customers] in order to [make this impact]. With Artpreneur funding I will be able to advance my [project or enterprise] by [accomplishing this goal] and [this goal] within the next 12 months.
Your narrative should be between 200-400 words. Be sure to address each of these questions:
- What inspired you to start your creative project or enterprise?
- What have you done to date to advance this project?
- What challenge or problem does your creative project or creative enterprise address?
- What makes your project or enterprise uniquely valuable?
- What are your highest priority goals to advance your project in the next 12 months?
- What impact will your creative project or creative enterprise have
- Who is your target audience, and how will you reach them?
In 50-100 words, please tell the selection committee about yourself. Be sure to include your:
- Artistic title (Filmmaker, Playwright, Actress, Designer, Choreographer, etc. )
- UNCSA Affiliation
- Artistic credits at UNCSA
- Promotion of your relationship to your idea (Remember, you are telling your story!)
- Academic and/or professional experiences that make you qualified to bring your idea to fruition
- Consideration of your audience and how they tie in to what you are trying to promote
If you have creative team members, please be sure to include:
- Their names
- Their UNCSA affiliation (if any)
- Your whole team’s connection to the idea
- An explanation of why you chose them for the team
- A description of why the team works well together
Please estimate important milestone dates for your creative project or enterprise in order to complete them within a 12-month time frame.
Your budget should include a line item for each expense, along with a brief description of the item. Also indicate:
- The overall budget for this venture (including projected expenses and revenue)
- How you would use $2,500 to move your venture forward
Letters of Recommendation
Upload two Letters of Recommendation:
- One should be from a faculty member who knows your work
- One should be a personal recommendation.
Thank you! Your application has been successfully submitted.