A student’s free time is one of their most valuable commodities during their time at UNCSA, so while the number of student organizations for college students may be limited, their members are passionate about the cause and their team.
- Alliance of Queer Artists establishes an environment that supports LGBTQ+ students through open dialogue and
building a campus that promotes equity & inclusion of all students.
Contact: Isabel Miller, email@example.com
- Artists of Color celebrates the diversity of the UNCSA community by facilitating connection amongst
students, alumni and professional artists of color.
Contact: Murphy Applin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art & Soul is a community of Christian artists at UNCSA who believe that their talents are precious
gifts from God and desire to know Him more through fellowship, discussion, and prayer.
Contact: Laura-Ellen Adair, email@example.com
- Beaux Arts Student Committee helps plan, shape, and execute the UNCSA's Beaux Arts, its end-of-year celebration
tradition. Programming includes an undergraduate and graduate student Beaux Arts
Ball, and an all-campus Beaux Arts Festival.
Contact: Jarod Betts firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross The Line Project makes classical music accessible to Winston-Salem and the greater North Carolina
Community through chamber music performances and outreach activities.
Contact: Zoe Mark, email@example.com
- Passionfruit Magazine is a student run literary arts magazine that exists to engage the UNCSA community by publishing student, staff, and alumni art & writing print. Contact: Aiden Winter-Deely, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Filmmaking Student Association functions to gather and exchange information on behalf of film students, representing
student concerns to film faculty and the Student Government Association.
Contact: Erin Gallagher, email@example.com
- UNCSA Food Ark is a club that promotes environmental awareness on the UNCSA campus, incorporating
community outreach for food security in the local Winston Salem area.
Contact: Savannah Jade Dobbs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNCSA Movie Club exists on campus to provide screenings of canonical films of past and present, selected by students in order to create conversation around them. Contact: Nathan Shanahan, email@example.com
- UNCSA Voice is a club that produces a student-run newspaper. The Voice aims to entertain, provide
opinions relevant to UNCSA's unique environment and is an opportunity for students
to tell their story. Funding is generously provided by the Thomas S. Kenan Institute
for the Arts.
Contact: Aaron Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in possibly leading this club.
Start a Club
Students interested in starting a student organization can schedule an appointment with a staff member in the Office of Student Engagement where we will help you get the ball rolling. If you would like more information on chartering a college organization on campus, feel free to come by the Student Engagement office in the ground-level of Hanes Student Commons in the Kenan Student Life Center and speak to the Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Aaron Ross or send him an email at email@example.com.