Medical services are provided by a team consisting of a Board Certified Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and certified medical assistant. UNCSA partners with Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine Physicians.
On-campus weekly clinics are held to evaluate and follow up with students facing injury, providing referrals for imaging, specialist, and other services through Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Center.
Hours and Location
Dial 55 from any campus phone
Call 911, if off campus or a cellphone
Call 336-770-3288 to make or cancel an appointment or use the Patient Portal.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
After hours non-emergency
Call UNC HealthLink: 1-888-267-3675
Student Health Services, UNCSA
1533 S. Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
Wellness Center, located in the upper level of the Hanes Student Commons
The Health Service staff can provide services that you would find at a medical practice.
- Allergy injections
- Immunizations (consent form)
- General medical care for illness and/or injury
- Routine laboratory testing
- Contraception (birth control pills, condoms)
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening
- Physical exams
- Psychiatry services (9 month academic year)
- Nutritional counseling by a Registered Dietitian
- Health Education Services provides health and wellness presentations, classroom collaboration, health coaching awareness events and campaigns and one-on-one consultations.
- Athletic Trainer services
- Physical Therapy services
- Referrals for specialists, radiology and dental needs
- Self-service station is stocked with over-the-counter medications and bandages