Accounts Payable & Travel
The Accounts Payable and Travel division of the Controller’s Office is responsible for monitoring and processing all non-salary financial obligations for the University community. Our goal is to consistently process payments in a timely manner so that vendor terms are honored and cash discounts are taken.
The department’s responsibility includes:
- Processing vendor invoices for payment of goods and services that have been requisitioned on UNCSA purchase orders.
- Processing and auditing departmental payment requests such as Direct Pay Requests, Travel Reimbursements and Petty Cash Reimbursement Requests.
- Liquidating encumbrances
- Distributing expenses to the appropriate Banner Finance funds
- Maintaining archival records of all non-salary disbursement payments
Travel Policies and Procedures
Refer to the Travel Manual for guidelines when traveling, authorization, reimbursement, funding, transportation and other travel expenses. Download and use the travel reimbursement form to ensure accurate calculations of expenses.
Travel Card (T-Card) Program
The purpose of the UNCSA Travel Card (T-Card) Program is to simplify payment processes for UNCSA business travel, maintain accountability while reducing the cycle time, administrative and traveler burden of procurement procedures.
- Travel Reimbursement Forms, includes a tab for one-day travel (Excel)
- Travel Card (T-Card)Application Agreement (PDF)
- Travel Card Change Form (PDF)
- Travel Manual (PDF)
- Travel at Your Fingertips (PDF)
- Travel Card Manual (PDF)
- Travel Card Reconciliation Calendar (PDF)
- Travel Card Report Cover Sheet (PDF)
Travel at Your Fingertips
A quick reference to rates, receipt and allowance information when traveling. Download printable version.
|Mode of Transportation||Transportation Rates||Receipt Requirement|
|Actual Coach Fare||Yes|
|Bus||Actual Coach Fare||Yes|
|Train||Actual Coach Fare||Yes|
|Parking and/or Storage Fees||Actual Cost||
|Trip does not exceed 100 miles||$0.575 cents per mile||Yes MapQuest|
|Trip excess 100 miles||$0.33 cents per mile||Yes MapQuest|
|Public Transportation||$5 each one-way trip||No|
|Rental Car||Actual Cost||Yes|
|Taxis and Shuttles||Actual Cost||Yes|
|Registration Fees||Actual Cost||Yes|
|Baggage Fees/Baggage Tips|
|Airport Skycaps||$2 per bag||No|
|Airport Shuttle drivers||$2 per bag||No|
|Valets||$2 per car||No|
|Taxi Divers||$5 max tip||Yes|
Subsistence Rates (Meal Allowances including tips)
|Meal Allowances||In State||Out of State|
|Meals in Overnight Status|
|Breakfast: Leave before 6 a.m. and day extended by 2 hours||$8.60||$8.60|
|Lunch: Be in overnight status leave before noon day of departure or return after 2 p.m.||$11.30||$11.30|
|Dinner: Leave before 5 p.m. or return after 8 p.m. and the day is extended by 3 or more hours||$19.50||$22.20|
|Subsistence Rates (Lodging)||$75.10||$88.70|
When will I be reimbursed or receive a check?
Direct deposits and check runs schedules are Wednesdays, but are subject to change due to summer hours, holidays and training. Campus will be notified of changes through a My SA announcement.
The offices are located in the Administration Building. The fax number is 336-631-1233.