Merchant Card Services
Merchant Card Services of UNCSA offers ways for departments to securely and conveniently accept credit cards. UNCSA is committed to servicing departments that need to accept payments.
Merchant Services provides day-to-day operational support to departments on campus with active merchant accounts (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express). Coordinates with NC Office of the State Controller (OSC), as necessary, to establish new merchant accounts and ensure all merchant accounts are in good standing and in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and standards as required by the University, OSC, and Payment Card Industry (PCI).
Merchant Card Services is responsible with regards to the acceptance of credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards) on the UNCSA campus:
- Answering any questions concerning accepting credit cards by various business units, schools or colleges on the UNCSA campus.
- Issuing and maintaining all equipment necessary to accept credit cards on UNCSA campus.
- Reviewing and approving all departmental requests for a merchant account.
- Monitoring merchants’ compliance with PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), this also includes providing guidance to merchants coping with PCI issues.
- Serves as the first point of contact for any credit card inquiry for the university.