Virtual and Outdoor Fitness Opportunities
The UNCSA Fitness Center offers group exercise classes to enhance student and staff well-being and increase productivity. All classes will be offered virtually and outdoor options. Faculty and staff who are not members may attend classes at no cost; no registration is required. Class descriptions and delivery method coming soon.
Participants must sign up for outdoor classes and activities. Up to six people may schedule for the same time slot. Time slots are for 1 hour Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Evening Outdoor Running Group with Natalie Henderson from 7-7:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday evenings. Running flyer (PDF)
- Morning Group Bike Ride with Elijah Thomas from 8-9 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Riders must provide their own bike. Biking flyer (PDF)
- Noon Walking Group with Sonya Linney from noon-1 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays. Walking flyer (PDF)
- Weight equipment will be available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the covered patio space outside the Fitness Center. You must make a reservation. Face masks required and keep 6 feet apart. Hand sanitizer stations and club wipes available for wiping equipment before and after use.
- Updated times: Outdoor Yoga with Grace Manning offered Tuesdays 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Thursdays 2-3 p.m. Outdoor Yoga flyer (PDF)
(All Zoom links are posted in the Virtual Student Affairs website. Log in with your UNCSA credentials.)
- Zumba with Erika Bradley from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Zumba flyer (PDF)
- Gentle Yoga with Asia Parker from 9-10 a.m. Wednesdays. Virtual Yoga flyer (PDF)
- Mat Pilates with Taryn Griggs - coming soon
- Virtual personal training with Brenda Smith. Email Sonya Linney for more details on personal training.
- Free fitness resources: Downdog, Les Mills streaming workouts, and more.
Free online fitness resources
- Les Mills Free Streaming. Les Mills is offering 90+ free workouts via its website. Choose a category from the "Click Here for More" drop-down menu. Note: You do not have to subscribe.
- Down Dog is making all of its workout apps free until Jan. 1, 2021: Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Library: