High School Checklist

We're looking forward to having you here on campus at UNCSA! You have plenty to do to get ready for the time ahead. Please follow the checklist below to complete your enrollment and prepare for the school year.

Pay Your Deposit 

To reserve your space in the fall class, we must receive the deposit form along with your deposit as soon as possible. Deposit amounts are as follows:

  • In-State: Placement deposit of $300
  • Out of state: Advanced tuition and housing deposit of $500
  • International: Advanced tuition and housing deposit of $500

Deposits are payable by electronic check or credit card.

A refund of a deposit will be granted if the request is made in writing and received in the Office of Admissions before May 1. No refunds will be issued after April 30. If you are admitted after May 1 your payment must be received within 10 business days of receipt of your acceptance letter.

pay deposit

International applicants use Flywire, https://www.flywire.com/school/uncsa.

Set Up Your UNCSA Email 

When your Placement Deposit is received you will be assigned a UNCSA Artist email account. You will receive an email with set-up instructions.

If you have any issues accessing your school email account, contact the UNCSA Help Desk support center at helpdesk@uncsa.edu or 336-770-3300.

Once you have set up your account, please check it on a regular basis. You will be receiving important communication from various on-campus departments (such as High School Academics, Registrar, etc.) as well as faculty and staff.  

Student Financial Aid 

Although high school students are not eligible for Federal Aid, you can still submit a FAFSA. Once this is done your estimated family contribution (EFC) and need can be determine and considered for scholarship awards based on merit and need or need alone. You should answer the enrollment questions on the FAFSA as if you will be a first-year college student. Financial Aid will be communicating with you through your E-Z Arts account if you qualify for aid.

Financial Aid Information

Pay Your Tuition and Fees

A statement will be mailed in July to your home address. Any questions regarding your statement should be directed to the Student Accounts office at 336-770-1416. Please note that fees are subject to change and may increase each year.

You can review your tuition and fees through the office of Student Accounts.

High School Life

Residential and commuter students attend orientation. Both residential and commuter high school students need to complete forms. Learn more about High School Life.

 High School Life forms

Commuter students participate in the high school life during orientation and while attending UNCSA, with the exception that they are not required to attend residential hall meetings.

Student Parking Information

Parking Decal: Licensed High School commuter students may purchase a commuter parking decal to park in the designated Commuter “C” lots on campus. Residential students are not allowed to park on campus.

The 2018-2019 Student Parking Decal will be available in July 2018.

Class Registration

Students are pre-registered for classes prior to arriving on campus by UNCSA High School faculty. During New Student Orientation there is a Registration/Drop-Add session where students can make changes if necessary. Some students may be required to take placement test for academic classes.

High School Academics 

Significant arts and academic class work begins on the first day of each semester. Therefore, students are expected to be present for registration and to attend classes as scheduled on that day. 

Students who register or start classes late may not make up the academic work they miss as a result of their late arrival, and no one will be permitted to register as a full-time student after the completion of the fourth day of classes of either semester.  

If a student’s late arrival on campus results from circumstances clearly beyond the student’s control, an appeal from the student’s parent or legal guardian may be made in writing to the Dean of the High School Academic Program and to the student’s arts school dean. This written appeal must be received by noon of the second day of classes. Vacation plans and attendance at summer programs do not constitute grounds for appeal.

Review the Academic Attendance Policy and submit the Email Communications and Attendance Policy Acknowledgement form.

High School Academic form

If applicable, review information about Classroom Accommodations for a diagnosed disability.

Purchase Art School Materials

While the textbook for your high school academics are provided, you may need to purchase supplies for your art classes. A list of what you will need is posted on the Incoming Students website section.

  What to Pack

Submit End Of Year Transcript 

The Office of Admissions must have a sealed, signed or notarized transcript showing all course work and grades. This document should be sent to the Office of Admissions upon completion of your school year.

Submit required Health Services Documents

You are required to submit all Health Services documents by June 1, 2018 using the Student Health Portal. 

Student Health Portal

Enroll or Waive Student Blue Health Insurance

Health insurance is required for all students. The University offers Student Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina or you can keep your current health insurance if you are covered by an individual plan or through a parent's plan. If you keep your current plan, you must still complete the waiver to avoid a charge on your tuition bill.

The decision deadline for Fall 2018 is early September 2018. Student Blue waiver and enrollment requests for Fall 2018 cannot be submitted after the decision deadline.

Enroll or Waive Student Blue Cross

Check for Holds in E-Z Arts

You can check for holds on your account by logging in to E-Z Arts.


After logging in, click on “Student” then “Student Records” and then “View Holds” to see which departments have placed holds on your account. 

Remember that when a department or office has placed a hold on your account, you will need to take action with that particular office right away. Only the department that places a hold can remove it

Among other restrictions, holds will prevent you from registering or changing your class schedule. Students who are indebted to UNCSA are not permitted to attend classes until the debt is settled.

It is recommended that you check for holds in your E-Z Arts account up through the first day of Orientation.

Orientation Schedule

By June 15, an orientation schedule will be posted online and an updated schedule will be provided to you the first day of orientation. Each art school also has orientation activities you will need to attend. All this information is located on the orientation schedule webpage.

Orientation Schedule

Upload a One Card Photo

Photos may be uploaded between July-August 2018 so you can have your One Card waiting for you upon your arrival. If you don't upload a photo, One Card will take your photo the day of orientation.

Purchase a Meal Plan

All residential high school students are required to be on the All Access Meal Plan. High School commuter students may sign up for the 10-meal plan or one of the Block Plans.

Meal Plans

Understand Student Conduct Policy and Your Rights

Read the High School Student Handbook to learn more about campus safety, student conduct violations, student rights, outcomes, and alcohol and other drug policy.

High School Student Handbook

Contact: Andrea Sell, Associate Director of Student Conduct

Parent Support Organization 

The Parent Support Organization (PSO) provides opportunities for parents to stay engaged in and contribute to the high school program.

How To Be Involved

Connect With Other Fighting Pickles 

Connect with current and incoming students in your graduating class through Facebook groups:

Find Your Class