How to Use Your Phone
Documentation and training for the VoIP (voice over Internet protocol) phone system is provided. Please do not use your new VoIP until instructed to do so by IT Department.
User Guides and References
Using the Different Phone Features
General Dialing Instructions
- To call another campus phone, dial last 4 digits of telephone number
- Local Calls Dial 9 + area code and 7-digit telephone number
- International Calls Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code (if applicable) + local telephone number
- Personal Long Distance Dial 9 + 1 + area code and 7-digit number
- Emergency Service Dial 55
Listen to Voice Mail
When you have a voice mail, you will notice the following three indicators:
- A solid red light on your handset
- A stutter dial tone
- "New Voice Mail " message on your phone display
Press the message icon to listen to your messages.
Press the volume button to adjust the handset, headset and speakerphone volume and the ringer volume.
Place a Call on Hold
Press the hold button to place a call on hold and then to release a call on hold.
Transfer a Call
- Press the transfer button. This will place the call on hold.
- Dial the number you want to transfer the call.
- Wait for the recipient's phone to ring, then press the transfer button again.
- Then hang up.
- Press applications button. Application screen displays on your phone.
- Using the circular navigation ring to scroll to highlight Settings menu.
- Press the center of the circular navigation to select Settings.
- Highlight ringtone setting to select. There are 14 ringtones in which to select.
- Press the center of the circular navigation to select the ringtone.
Search for a Person's Number
- Press the contacts button. Use the circular navigation ring to navigate.
- Select corporate directory.
- Use the keypad to enter the alphabet characters of the person's first or last name or look up their phone number in the online directory on the website.
Video Tutorial on Your Phone