Keeping our campus safe
Keeping our campus safe
Details of the Winter Break schedule are posted and will be updated if required. We are making comprehensive plans to ensure a safe and art-filled spring semester. Spring plans will be posted on this website as they are developed while we continue to monitor COVID-19 responses and protocols.
UNCSA on-campus operations have the health and wellness of our community as the top priority. Our planning has been informed by guidance from local, state and federal public health authorities, as well as applicable orders and regulations from the governor and relevant federal agencies, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
We will follow the COVID-19 monitoring, containment and response protocols established and updated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for colleges and universities. These protocols can be found at cdc.gov.
Given the evolving nature of both our understanding of COVID-19 and the recommended guidance from public health and other governmental bodies, our guidance will be updated to respond to continuing developments. Updates will be communicated by email or through our website.
The revised academic calendar will minimize travel, reducing potential exposure to the virus while maintaining the instructional days required to meet our academic standards. Key changes include:
- On-campus final exams and juries will be conducted Friday, Nov. 20, through Tuesday, Nov. 24, with finals continuing online following the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The duration of winter break is expanded; the spring semester begins Feb. 8, 2021.
- Residence Halls A-F and the high school residence halls (Sanford and Moore) will close at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
- Center Stage Apartments and the Gateway Loft Apartments do not close; however, students planning to remain in them for any period after Nov. 25 will need to sign up for access.
- On Nov. 25, the Dining Hall will close at 1 p.m. and the Pickle Jar, at 2 p.m. All dining services will be closed until Feb. 1.
- Campus will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday from Nov. 26-29.
We all must commit to the actions and precautions we can take as individuals to protect our campus community. It will require all of us together to keep our community healthy. We expect all community members to show care for their friends, peers, colleagues and neighbors.