In case of fire:
- Manually activate the fire alarm by pulling the nearest pull station.
- Immediately evacuate the building using stairways, never elevators.
- If possible, close windows and doors behind you as you evacuate.
- Call UNCSA Department of Police & Public Safety at “55” from campus phone, 336-770-3362 from cell phones, or City dispatch at “911.”
- If caught in smoke - stay low, cover nose with cloth, and crawl to exit.
- Render assistance to persons in need.
- Extinguish the fire if trained, and it’s safe.
- Go to evacuation area at least 1,000 feet from building.
- Tell responding emergency personnel immediately if someone is still in the building
- Do not re-enter the building until authorized by emergency personnel.
Operate the fire extinguisher using the P.A.S.S. technique:
- Pull safety pin from handle.
- Aim at base of fire.
- Squeeze the trigger handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep from side to side at base of fire.