If you find or encounter a suspicious package at UNCSA:
- Do not open, touch, or move the package.
- Immediately report it to UNCSA Police.
If you are suspicious of a mailing and are unable to verify the contents with the addressee or sender:
- Do not open the item.
- Do not touch or move the item.
- Isolate the item and evacuate the immediate area.
Be cautious of:
- Restrictive markings such as “confidential” or “personal.”
- Excessive postage.
- Handwritten or poorly typed address.
- Incorrect titles.
- Misspellings of common words.
- Oily stains or discolorations on package.
- Rigid, lopsided, or uneven envelopes.
- Protruding wires or tinfoil.
- Excessive tape or string.
- No return address.