Curriculum & Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction
Faculty can find materials from Teaching & Learning Center (TLC) services and workshops on effective teaching.
- "Right to the Point" a UNC Digital Learning video series. A set of short (less than 5 minute) videos designed to address a particular teaching topic.
- TLC Workshop: Designing Online and Hybrid Courses video (7:54 minutes)
- TLC Workshop: Assessments in Online and Hybrid Courses video (8:33 minutes) with Canvas Assessment Tips (PDF)
- UNC Designing Effective Online Courses (DEOC) Lunch and Learn Archives website
- Teaching Tools Support Document (PDF)
- Effective Teaching in a Hybrid World
- Syllabus design
- Writing a Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- Preparing a Teaching Portfolio
Want to talk through a classroom issue? Work on improving a particular teaching practice? All consultations are private, voluntary and formative.Schedule a Consultation
Assistance is available to collect instructional feedback from your students on things such as how to improve your course or how you’re connecting with your students. A feedback session lets students know that you’re interested in their ideas and can be very motivational. Conducting a feedback session usually takes about 20 minutes and is best conducted mid-way through the semester. All results are completely confidential.Schedule a Student Feedback Collection
Alternately, you may arrange a classroom observation at any time that is convenient for you. I will observe unobtrusively and then meet with you to provide feedback, answer any questions you might have, and discuss and explore new teaching strategies. All results are completely confidential.Schedule a Classroom Observation