Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) UNCSA provides to host course lessons, materials, interaction, and assessment in an online environment.
- Each UNCSA course generates a Canvas course and populates your student roster.
- Canvas courses can be modified to reflect student needs and current course focus.
- Your Canvas courses can be exported for future use at UNCSA or other institutions hosting an LMS capable of importing your exported course.
- Wanda Coyle, M.A. - Canvas Support
- Dr Rich Holland - Canvas Support
- Daryl Weade, M.Ed. - Instructional Technology Specialist
- Requests via email@example.com are forwarded to available support personnel.
- Navigate to www.uncsa.edu/canvas
- Select the "Activate / Reset Password" link that appears below the
- Username and Password fields.
- On the next screen, type your UNCSA Canvas username (for students and faculty this will be the first half of your email address, everything before the "@" sign). Then select "Request Password."
- Follow the instructions you get in your email. If you don’t receive an email right away, please check your clutter and/or you junk e-mail.
Here are some common mistakes that sometimes occur in that process:
- Going to the wrong URL, such as canvas.instructure.com instead of the UNCSA Canvas page www.uncsa.edu/canvas.
- Typing the email address in the username field, instead of the username.
- "Clutter" or "spam" features in the email software preventing the password reset message from being delivered to the inbox. You can turn Outlook's "Focus" and "Clutter" features on or off.
Where can I see Canvas features in use?
- UNCSA hosts a Growing with Canvas Course available to all faculty.